This Saturday, May 7, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., the Fremont branch of the California Writers Club is having a sale and signing at Round Table Pizza, 37480 Fremont Boulevard, Fremont, CA. Come and get some pizza! And when you buy a book, you get a free drink!
Im my case, I will see how well I can sell my self-published eBook short story bundle: “Super Holly Hansson in Super Bad Hair Day, and The Poet and the Supersplainer!” How do I sell it when the other writers have nice, physical, papery books? To entice readers, I can:
- Print a physical copy for readers to skim, with that wonderful Batton Lash cover of Super Holly in the barber chair, and my barber Lash breaking his scissors on Holly’s super-strong blonde hair.
- Print a small poster of that wonderful Batton Last cover to entice readers.
- Print postcards with that cover that I can sign for readers.
- Do my open mic reading of Harry Headbutt hitting on Super Holly. I love doing that, Holly gets so MAD!
And when I have the reader DROOLING to buy my eBook:
- The reader buys a copy on Amazon from their smart phone.
- Or the reader gives me a dollar for a CD with a mobi, epub, and PDF copy of the story. (I will have to see how well that works.)
- Or the reader gives me a dollar, and I will email him or her a mobi, epub, and PDF copy of the story. Either I bring my computer and email it there, or I take their email address and email them later.
Maybe I’ll become a few dollars richer, and be able to buy a drink with my profits.
P.S. Darn it, this book signing is the same day as Free Comic Book Day! Oh well. I have a few weeks of comic book backlog to read anyhow. And I like hanging with the Fremont writers.